Resilience Coaching for Doctors and Healthcare Professionals
The professional life of a physician can make huge demands on your time, energy and work-life balance. The pressures of working within the health service can lead to what has been dubbed a burnout epidemic. It can sometimes feel, well, overwhelming to say the least.
What if there was a way to maintain your motivation and reconnect with your passion for medicine?
Maybe you feel exhausted, unable to prioritise or even make time to think about what would make life simpler, easier and more enjoyable. Coaching is a way of carving out that time and space to invest in yourself, to work on areas that will help you to:
- Build your resilience
- Create sustainable high performance
- Achieve your professional goals
- Reignite your sense of purpose
- Become unstuck
- Create a better work – life balance
- Learn to say ‘No’ with confidence
- Manage difficult conversations
- Become more grounded and focused
- Develop emotional intelligence
- Manage conflict with confidence and personal impact without being aggressive
- Self regulate more effectively
- Manage imposter syndrome
- Feel more confident
- Better manage issues that your work may be causing in your personal relationships
- Know that you have the skills, tools and resources to wake up every day feeling good about what you do.
How does coaching for doctors work?
During our first session we’ll identify the areas that you would like to work on. We’ll work on a coaching action plan together at a pace that suits you. Some people choose to have just one session, others continue over a period of months. We’ll navigate your coaching journey with you and build coaching sessions around your commitments.
We coach over the phone, with Skype or Google Hangouts. Sessions last for 1 hour. The resilient doctor provides a reduced rate for healthcare professionals of £125 an hour. If you book a course of six coaching sessions there is a further reduction to £625.
The Benefits of Resilience Training for Doctors
- Develop skills that will serve you throughout your professional career
- Gain clarity around your core values & learn how to embed these into your day to day life
- Feel more in control and able to manage professional goals
- Improve your stress management techniques and strategies
- Feel good again about what you do
- Benefit from the latest research into resilience and sustainable performance
- Develop a better understanding of how to master challenges that come your way
Online Resilience Training for Doctors
You can choose to work through the Resilience for Doctors online course alongside your coaching sessions, or simply work through the online resilience for doctors programme at your own pace. We’re always here to answer any additional questions that you might have.
Monthly Drop – In Sessions
In addition to coaching and our online resilience training we also offer monthly online drop in sessions for people who have taken the online resilience course for doctors or have undertaken coaching with the resilient doctor. This is an opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and network with other healthcare professionals in a supportive environment.
Why choose coaching with The Resilient Doctor?
The Resilient Doctor was founded by Gill Thackray in response to requests for a comprehensive resilience resource for doctors. She first became interested in resilience whilst working in United Nations refugee camps. Since then she has worked internationally as a business psychologist with elite sporting bodies such as the Football Association and UK Sport to build resilience and optimise sustainable performance.
Her client list includes Fortune 100 companies, the United Nations, Health Education England, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Society for Rheumatology, Prostate Cancer, Cancer Research UK, BBC, University College of Osteopathy, Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Cooper, Ernst and Young, Chartered Institute of Accountants for England and Wales, Lancaster University Bonington Leadership Programme, London School of Economics, Google, Natural History Museum and the V&A amongst others. Gill is the author of ‘Mindfulness Coach’ and the ‘Positivity Coach’ both due December 2020 published by Michael O’Mara Books, London.
Coaching for healthcare professionals
This 1 hour Resilience Coaching session for doctors and healthcare professionals will help you to build resilience, create more sustainable performance and reach your professional goals.