Our next 4 week online resilience course will begin on March 23rd and run each Monday until 13th April. Each week the course will be delivered live online for delegates. A recording of each week will be available afterwards so that you can work at your own pace if you are unable to join us on the day.
Who is the online resilience course for?
Our online resilience course is for doctors, nurses, clinical leaders and allied healthcare professionals. Each week we will work through the course modules with an opportunity for Q&A afterwards. We’ll work with you to create an evidence based road map for resilience.
What you’ll get
- 4 Weekly Sessions with content available afterwards
- Ongoing Q&A support
- Downloadable course workbook
- Additional PDF downloads and exercises to work through at your own pace
Course delegates are also invited to use the regularly updated free resources for healthcare professionals available at the Resilient Doctor.
Course fee: The course fee is £195. Book your place here
Online Resilience Course Content
- What is resilience?
- The evidence base for resilience training
- It’s a VUCA world
- Establishing your values – your internal GPS system
- The Yerkes Dodson Curve – Pressure, Flow, Stress & Burnout
- Stress and the amygdala hijack
- The exhaustion funnel and 3 domains of burnout – how to recognise them
- Establishing flow moments
- Recognising your individual signs & symptoms
- The C.I.A. Model
- Auditing your day for energy
- The myth of multitasking
- Attention deficit cultures
- Cognitive gridlock and how to avoid it
- Mono – tasking
- Periodisation – Learning lessons from elite sports
- Sacrifice syndrome and renewal in healthcare
- Managing technology & digital detox
- Is happiness at work realistic?
- Growth mindset and how to develop it
- The power of ‘Not yet’
- Lessons from positive psychology for sustainable performance & resilience
- Developing emotional intelligence
- The importance of self regulation – a key differentiator
- The PERMA model
- The impact of toxic cultures
- Bullying & Incivility at work
- Developing compassion at work
- Mindfulness as a stress management intervention
- Developing mindfulness at work
- Saying yes to yourself and no to others
- Assertiveness for healthcare professionals
- Time management strategies to take away and begin using immediately
- Lindsay’s model of career adaptability and how to develop it
- Maintaining agility during change
Why Choose The Resilient Doctor?
The Resilient Doctor was founded by Gill Thackray in response to requests for a comprehensive resilience resource for doctors. She first began working in the field of resilience whilst working in United Nations refugee camps. Since then she has worked internationally as a business psychologist with elite sporting bodies such as the Football Association and UK Sport to build resilience and optimise sustainable performance.
Her client list includes Fortune 100 companies, the United Nations, Health Education England, Great Ormond Street Hospital, British Society for Rheumatology, Prostate Cancer, Cancer Research UK, BBC, University College of Osteopathy, Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Cooper, Ernst and Young, Chartered Institute of Accountants for England and Wales, Lancaster University Bonington Leadership Programme, London School of Economics, Google, Natural History Museum and the V&A amongst others. Gill is the author of ‘Mindfulness Coach’ and the ‘Positivity Coach’ both due December 2020 published by Michael O’Mara Books, London.
Her expertise in resilience means that she is a frequent conference contributor as well as contributing to publications including The Guardian, Ultra Sport, Thrive Global and Success Magazine amongst others.
Gill has undertaken research into leadership resilience with Aberdeen University, examining the efficacy of mindfulness interventions upon leadership resilience, emotional intelligence and compassion. The Resilient Doctor draws upon this extensive experience of working with thousands of people working in the health service, private sector and tech start ups. We are trusted to distill the latest research in resilience, providing proven practical strategies to manage stress, develop resilience and optimise sustainable performance.